Huish students are once again celebrating superb Level 3 Vocational and A Level results after putting tremendous hard work and dedication into their studies.
Principal of Richard Huish College, Emma Fielding, said “I could not be prouder of our students and the results they have achieved today. Despite the unprecedented interruptions to their education and challenges they have faced over the last few years; they have achieved hugely impressive outcomes through their exceptional hard work and tremendous resilience”.
The overall A Level pass rate at Huish is 99%, with nearly 80% of students gaining A*- C grades and a hugely impressive 54% achieving high grades of A*-B. Top A Level performers did extremely well across a wide range of courses, with 74 students achieving three or more A*/A grades and two students being awarded the highest marks of any other student nationally in their A Level English Language and Photography qualifications.
Student results on Vocational Extended Diplomas were exceptional, with nearly 70% of students achieving high grades, with at least one Distinction grade in their profile, and 21 students gaining the very top results of triple Distinction*. Students on a mix of A Level and Vocational courses also performed fantastically well, with 68% of them achieving a Distinction or Distinction* in the vocational elements of their Study Programme.
The College is not only celebrating fantastic results this year but also the wide and interesting range of destinations students progress to – from History of Art at Cambridge to Aerospace Engineering at Bristol, to Music at Leeds Conservatoire and Nursing at Plymouth. We are also excited to be celebrating more students undertaking degree apprenticeships in really interesting and diverse fields including Engineering, Geology and Law. These apprenticeships come with high salaries, funded degrees and excellent career progression.
Just a few of the many successes and variety of progression pathways being celebrated this year are:
- Arjun Ashok who achieved an amazing four A*’s, confirming his place to read Mathematics at Warwick.
- Charlie Brock who achieved two A*s and an A. He has secured a highly competitive Degree Apprenticeship in London with Ashurst’s to train to become a Solicitor, including the chance to work in their international offices.
- Emily Halliday who achieved three A*’s in Psychology, Sociology and Business and is going to Manchester University to study Psychology.
- Josh MacCormick who with straight A grades secured his place to study Medicine at Aberdeen.
- Mito Birgin who arrived with us on our Level 2 pathway programme, progressed to an A Level programme and will now take up a place at Oxford Brooks University to study Business Management.
- Jaz Kerr Smith who is taking up an amazing opportunity of a Degree Apprenticeship with the National Grid whilst studying for a fully funded Master’s Degree.
Emma Fielding went on to say, “It is such a privilege to be part of such an amazing college and vibrant educational community. Our students’ achievements start with the efforts of our partner schools and are consolidated by the exceptional dedication, passion and professionalism of our phenomenal Huish staff who, day in day out, give their all to enable our students to blossom and succeed.
“I would like to wish all our fabulous students every success and happiness as they start the next chapter of their lives. We know that they have bright and exciting futures ahead of them and want to thank them for everything that they have contributed to our college community during their time at Huish – we are really going to miss them.”