Richard Huish College redesignated as the 16-19 Academy on 1st October 2021 within the Richard Huish Multi Academy Trust.
The College was the original sponsor of the Trust and joining the Trust is a move consistent with the original aims and ethos of the College to play an integral role in the education, development, and enrichment of children and young people in Taunton and the surrounding area.
The College is overseen by a Board of Governors which reports to the directors of the Richard Huish Trust. The College Board comprises of independent governors drawn from the local community, the principal, two staff governors, two parent governors, and two student governors.
Care is taken to ensure that the Board contains the appropriate range of skills and experience to ensure that the rich legacy of Richard Huish is maintained and developed.
Besides being responsible for the day-to-day financial integrity of the College, which is overseen by a finance and general purposes sub committee, the key roles of the Board are:
- The determination and periodic review of the educational character and mission of the College and oversight of its activities.
- Review an assurance of the quality of the provision for students.
- To consider and determine the educational character and a strategic vision for the College.
- To approve the framework for the pay and conditions of employment of staff.
Formal board meetings are held at least four times a year and governors frequently support the College on an adhoc basis or, in some cases, hold specific governor responsibilities.
The College Board reports to the Trust Board of Directors on a regular basis and interacts with the executive officers of the Trust.
The College operates under a scheme of delegated authority (SODA) which is a mutually agreed working arrangement between the College and the Trust. This document is disclosed with our other key documents such as minutes of meetings, including those meetings held whilst the College was still designated as a sixth form college prior to an academisation, as the work and processes identified pre-academisation have by and large been carried through and still apply after the 1st October 2021.
We are looking to recruit innovative and committed individuals who share our vision for high quality, holistic education to become Governors at Richard Huish College. We want our Board to represent a diverse range of groups from within our local and regional community and warmly welcome applications from individuals from all backgrounds.
You will bring an outside perspective to the running of the College, supporting and challenging by asking ‘what’, ‘why’, ‘how’ and ‘when’ of our Senior Leadership Team. Governors use their own professional skills and life experience, in complement with those of college staff, to ensure that Huish continues to provide exceptional education for our local and regional community and is able to be agile and responsive to current and future needs.Apply to become a Governor
All Governance minutes are available to read. You may find that the latest meetings will not publish minutes until they have been ratified at the following meeting so there is a delay in publication.
- 21 September 2020 Corporation Minutes
- 7 December 2020 Corporation Minutes
- 5 February 2021 Corporation Minutes
- 29 March 2021 Corporation Minutes
- 17 May 2021 Corporation Minutes
- 5 July 2021 Corporation Minutes
- 6 September 2021 Corporation Minutes
- 13 December 2021 Corporation Minutes
Audit Committee Minutes
- 9 November 2020 Audit Committee Minutes
- 19 April 2021 Audit Committee Minutes
- 25 May 2021 Audit Committee Minutes
- 22 June 2021 Audit Committee Minutes
- 6 December 2021 Audit Committee Minutes
Finance and General Purposes Committee Minutes
- 2 November 2020 FGP Committee Minutes
- 9 November 2020 FGP Committee Minutes
- 25 January 2021 FGP Committee Minutes
- 2 March 2021 FGP Committee Minutes
- 4 May 2021 FGP Committee Minutes
- 21 June 2021 FGP Committee Minutes
Personnel Committee Minutes
Governance and Search Committee Minutes
- 12 October 2020 Governance and Search Committee Minutes
- 12 January 2021 Governance and Search Committee Minutes
- 8 March 2021 Governance and Search Committee Minutes
- 24 May 2021 Governance and Search Minutes
- 20 September 2021 Governance and Search Minutes
Academic Planning and Quality Committee
- 8 September 2020 APQ Minutes
- 10 November 2020 APQ Minutes
- 18 January 2021 APQ Minutes
- 23 March 2021 APQ Minutes
- 28 June 2021 APQ Minutes
- 13 September 2021 APQ Minutes
College Governing Body
- 12 November 2021 College Governing Body Minutes
- 17 January 2022 College Governing Body Minutes
- 28 March 2022 College Governing Body Minutes
- 13 June 2022 College Governing Body Minutes
If you have a governance minutes query contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scheme of Delegated Authority (SoDA)
- 01. Appendix 1 RHT Articles of Association May 2018
- 02. Appendix 2 Organisation Chart Oct 2021
- 03. Appendix 3 Academy Levels Criteria and Procedure
- 04. Appendix 4 General Powers Delegate to the LGB
- 05. Appendix 5 Financial Limits for LABs
- 06. Appendix 6 Reporting Formats and Frequencies
- 07. Appendix 7 Huish Vision and Values 2022-2025
- 08. Appendix 8 School Levels of Delegation
- 09 Appendix 9 RHC Levels of Delegation 2021