It is very easy to apply to Richard Huish College
YOU CAN APPLY ONLINE HERE
Applying online is the quickest way to get your application to us. Please keep an eye on your email as we will send your interview date to the adress you supply when you register.
You can also....
If you are at a local state school:
- Get an application form from your Careers teacher or download one below.
- Your school will help you with references and will send your application to us.
If you are at a private school or outside the area:
- Download an application form below.
- Alternatively you can call us on 01823 320800 or email us using the contact form below to request an application.
- Send us your application by email or post (addresses below).
Admissions Office, Richard Huish College, South Road, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 3DZ
After you have applied:
- We will contact you to arrange an interview to discuss your application. This is nothing to worry about, the purpose of the interview is to ensure you feel confident in all aspects of your chosen Study Programme. By getting to know you and your goals we can give you additional advice and information about selecting the right Study Programme for you.
- After your interview we shall offer you a Study Programme.
- You will be invited to a 'Welcome to Huish' event in July. This optional event is a chance for you to trial lessons, take part in activities and meet other students before you join us in September.
- We want you to feel comfortable before you commence your Study Programme at Huish so if you have any questions throughout the application process, or if your circumstances change, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- The College will be open on GCSE results day. Check our website for details of events or give us a call if you have any questions.
You are guaranteed an interview at Huish as long as you apply before the end of your GCSEs (normal application time is from January to Easter). We do accept applications up until September.
For an A Level/Level 3 Vocational Study Programme you need to achieve five GCSEs at C/4 grade or above including Mathematics and English Language. For some courses there may be additional requirements (please refer to the individual course page for details).
For a Level 2 Vocational Study Programme students will need GCSE English and Mathematics at grade D/3 or above plus a range of GCSEs at C/4/D/3 grades. You are able to resit GCSE English Language, Maths and/or Science and upon completion of your Study Programme can look to progress onto a Level 3 Study Programme.
If you do not meet the entry requirements for a Level 3 or Level 2 Study Programme then contact us to find out more about your options at Huish.
Huish Experience Fee
The Huish Experience fee is payable by all students on enrolment.
It is a contribution to the wider educational experience that we provide at Huish and which is beyond our statutory requirements.
The wider educational experience includes additional elements of student support, student welfare, enrichment, IT facilities, trips, visits and extension activities, accessible by and available to all students.
The Huish Experience Fee is £80 for Level 3, two years courses, or for students on a Level 2 course (one year) the fee is £40.