ACCOUNTS/FINANCE ASSISTANT (AAT)
LEVEL: 2 APPRENTICESHIP
EXAMINING BOARD: AAT
TYPE OF STUDY: FULL TIME
The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) is an internationally recognised professional accounting qualification (leading to letters after your name) ideal for those who want to work in accountancy practice, industry or are self-employed.
This Apprenticeship is an ideal introduction for existing Junior/Assistant Accountants, for school leavers or those with no accounting experience who are considering a career in accounting.
The course is taught by qualified experienced accountants/tutors giving pass rates that consistently exceed the national averages – a number of units achieve 100% pass rates. The Apprenticeship comprises of 5 separate elements:
- Bookkeeping Transactions – business documentation, sales and purchases systems, double entry bookkeeping to trial balance
- Bookkeeping Controls – journals; control account reconciliations; bank reconciliations; suspense accounts
- Elements of Costing – types and behaviours of costs; inventory valuations; basic budgeting; variance analysis
- Computerised Accounting – hands on knowledge and practice of the SAGE accounting system
- Year End Revision Synoptic – revision of the subjects above and incorporating skills required for working in accounting such as ethics, corporate social responsibility and effective communication
Upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship, you will receive the Foundation Certificate in Accounting as well as being ideally placed to move on to AAT’s Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship (Level 3).