Accounting apprenticeships let you learn on the job, develop knowledge and skills, gain an AAT Accounting Qualification and earn money - all at the same time.
You will develop practical accounting and finance skills while working within a business environment.
Benefits of an accounting apprenticeship
- It is a sure way of getting into the workforce
- You earn while you learn
- Learn a business from the bottom up while you develop your skills
- Fast-track your career and move up the career ladder quicker than a university graduate, and without the university debt
There are two AAT apprenticeships available at Huish both closely linked to AAT qualifications .
On completion of the Level 4 Professional Accounting Technician apprenticeship you’ll be eligible to apply for AAT membership.
Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship
This is the introductory level apprenticeship over 18 months which will gain you an AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting.
The Assistant Accountant apprenticeship will suit you if:
- You work in accounts and would like a formal qualification in the field
- You're a school leaver looking for an introduction to accounting and finance
- You would like to go onto be an AAT full member or study for chartered status
- You're already working in finance and you would like a formal recognition of your skills
In the first four months we will introduce you to introduce you to basic accounting and finance skills. You'll develop your skills in finance administration: double-entry bookkeeping, basic costing principles and purchase, sales and general ledgers.
You'll continue on to master more complex financial processes, including advanced book keeping, accounts preparation, costing, VAT, spreadsheets and ethics. Your classroom learning will culminate in a summary synoptic exam.
Your classroom studies will be supplemented with workbased learning to demonstrate other necessary skills such as team working, making presentations and using financial systems.
This element of the apprenticeship will be tested in an end point assessment.
You will need to pass both the synoptic exam and the end point assessment to successfully complete your apprenticeship.
Do I need to pay anything?
For students the answer is no, costs are met by a combination of government and employers.
Once you enrol with us, you will need to register with AAT.