This programme is designed for predominantly 15-19 year old students who do not have the entry requirements for the vocational/A Level, Level 2 programme, or who wish to take a vocational route. This Study Programme allows students to develop skills to enable progression mainly into employment (via apprenticeships and training).
The course develops your skills including transferable and employability skills, such as literacy, numeracy, and IT skills. The programme also emphasises the importance of punctuality and attendance.
This programme will consist of:
- Work skill qualifications
- Work to improve IT skills
- Preparation for work
- Developing inter-personal skills
- Functional skills
- Work experience
- Opportunities to develop an understanding or different job roles
- Support with job applications
- College enrichment, including Sports, Performance, Dance, Drama and Music.
The course runs for 15 weeks, is full time, 3 days per week within college and 1-2 days a week work experience. Full attendance is expected.