LEVEL: VOCATIONAL LEVEL 3 EXTENDED CERTIFICATE
EXAMINING BOARD: EDEXCEL
TYPE OF STUDY: FULL-TIME, SIXTH FORM STUDY PROGRAMME
PASS RATE: 100% IN 2018
- Music Bursary For Instrumental Lessons
- Entry Requirements
- Aspen Centre For Music
- Common Questions
- Apply Here
Making music with high tech equipment is really exciting and Music Production is an essential course if you are considering a career in the music industry. You will need to be able to play an instrument well to begin the course. This course looks at every aspect of the technology used to create, manipulate and capture music. This includes
- Multitrack recording
- Use of Apple Macs, LOGIC Studio and Pro Tools software
We were encouraged to make full use of the technology and I found that I quickly came to terms with the software and hardware of recording and sequencing. This will be very useful to me in my future career in music recording engineering and production (via the prestigious Tonnmeister course).
All music students on A Level or Vocational Music courses at Richard Huish College will receive a bursary for 50% off the cost of instrumental or vocal tuition.
For more information please click here.
Standard College entry requirements: 5 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, including Maths and English Language. You also need the ability to play an instrument.
ASPEN MUSIC CENTRE
Opened in Autumn 2018, Aspen Music Centre has been purpose built to offer the best experience for students wanting to advance their musical skills.
The music suite and performance space has:
- 2 recording studios with RedNet Technology
Studio 1: Audient ASP 8024 HE Mixing Desk
Studio 2: Allen and Heath ZED 16 Mixing Desk
- Industry standard microphones, guitar amplifiers etc
- 2 sound proof live rooms for recording
- A Mac suite equipped with the latest Apple iMac computers running Logic X, Ableton, Sibelius 8
- Editing/production suite with Allen and Heath QU24 Digital Mixing Desk
- 2 large specialist music teaching classrooms
- 5 purpose built practice rooms equipped with pianos for instrumental lessons and individual bookings
- Secure instrument store cupboard and vast library of printed music
- Instruments and sound equipment available to loan
Also on campus we have a number of well equipped practice rooms;
- Red Room – Large practice room with stage, full PA and recording facilities, Drum Kit, Amps and Piano
- Green Room – Piano, PA, Drum Kit, Amps
- Blue Room – Drum Kit, PA Amps and Recording facilities.
Do I need to have GCSE Music?
No, but you do need an ability to play your instrument (or instruments) well, and have some experience with music technology.
What can I do with a Music Production Extended Certificate?
There is a record of excellent progression into higher education with the majority of students going on to study:
- Creative Music Technology
- Music Performance
- Music Production
- On the prestigious Tonmeister Course
- Music Industry Management
- Commercial Music
- Music and Audio Technology