PRINCIPLES OF DEMENTIA CARE CERTIFICATE
LEVEL: 2 PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
EXAMINING BODY: NCFE
TYPE OF STUDY: SHORT COURSE/DISTANCE LEARNING
Dementia affects around 820,000 people in the UK. This figure is likely to rise to one million by 2025 and two million by 2051. It is one of the main causes of disability in later life and with research being desperately underfunded, it costs the UK over £26 billion a year. Understanding dementia and the person-centred care that is required is fundamental to high quality care.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 Qualification
- Improve your understanding of the various forms of dementia and the importance of being respectful at all times
- Further your personal and professional development
What you will learn
- Unit 1 – Dementia Awareness
- Unit 2 – The Person-Centred Approach to the Care and Support of Individuals with Dementia
- Unit 3 – Understand the Factors That Can Influence Communication and Interaction with Individuals who have Dementia Care
- Unit 4 – Understand Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Dementia Care
- Unit 5 – Understand the Administration of Medication to Individuals with Dementia Using a Person-Centred Approach
For further information please contact our Apprenticeship team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be aged 19+.
You must have lived in the EU for 3 years.