PRINCIPLES OF DEMENTIA CARE CERTIFICATE
LEVEL 2: Online Course
EXAMINING BODY: NCFE CACHE
This free online course is ideal for adults looking to further their personal and professional development by understanding more about dementia. Complete the online resources to achieve a nationally recognised qualification.
Dementia affects around 820,000 people in the UK. This figure is likely to rise to one million by 2025 and two million by 2051. It is one of the main causes of disability in later life and with research being desperately underfunded, it costs the UK over £26 billion a year.
Understanding dementia and the person-centred care that is required is fundamental to high quality care.
This course will improve your understanding of the various forms of dementia and the importance of being respectful at all times.
You will learn about the following topics:
- dementia awareness
- the person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- understanding the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
- understanding equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- understanding the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person-centred approach
- understanding behaviour in the context of dementia
- understanding the benefits of engaging in activities in social care.
How quickly you progress is up to you but typically learners take approximately 12-16 weeks to complete the qualification using the online resources.
Support is available throughout the course from your Assessor should you want advice and guidance.
The qualification will be fully funded (free to you) if you meet the following criteria:
- You must be aged 19 years or over at the beginning of the academic year
- You must permanently reside in the UK
- You must have lived in the EU for 3 years.