PRINCIPLES OF INFECTION PREVENTION AND CONTROL CERTIFICATE
LEVEL: 2 SHORT COURSE
EXAMINING BODY: NCFE
TYPE OF STUDY: DISTANCE LEARNING
About 300,000 patients develop an infection in England each year while being treated by the NHS. Protecting people from infection is an essential element of providing high quality care, especially considering the capacity some potentially life-threatening infections have to spread within care environments.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 Qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Gain deeper understanding of good personal hygiene and maintaining a clean environment
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend College
What you will learn
- Unit 1 – Principles of the Causes and Spread of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Unit 2 – Principles of the Importance of Personal Hygiene and Health in the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Unit 3 – Principles of Decontamination, Cleaning and Waste Management in Health Care Settings
- Unit 4 – Principles of Infection Prevention and Control in a Health Care Setting
For further information please contact our Apprenticeship team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be aged 19+.
You must have lived in the EU for 3 years.