PRINCIPLES OF WORKING WITH INDIVIDUALS WITH LEARNING DISABILITIES CERTIFICATE
LEVEL 2: SHORT COURSE (DISTANCE LEARNING)
EXAMINING BODY: NCFE
Around 1.5 million people in the UK have a learning disability. Owing to the fact that they are likely to find it more difficult than others to describe their symptoms, a good knowledge of legislation and the healthcare system, as well as an understanding of signs and symptoms of various conditions, is essential for anyone working with individuals with learning disabilities.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 Qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend College
- Understand the importance of safeguarding individuals from abuse
What you will learn
- Unit 1 – Understanding the Context of Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Unit 2 – Principals of Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care
- Unit 3 – Introduction to Personalisation in Social Care
- Unit 4 – Principles of Positive Risk-Taking for individuals with Disabilities
- Unit 5 – Introductory Awareness of Autism Spectrum Conditions
- Unit 6 – Principles of Supporting Individuals with a Learning Disability to Access Healthcare
For further information please contact our Apprenticeship team at email@example.com.
You must be aged 19+.
You must have lived in the EU for 3 years.