Finding a job can be tough, especially these days if you don't have much work experience. Often employers want people with experience but how do you get this if you can't find work?
Traineeships are a new opportunity for young people like you to gain real life work experience and the training you need to progress into an apprenticeship or start work.
We offer traineeships that will prepare you for an apprenticeship in most sectors so you can kick-start your career in any area now!
You will gain:
•Work preparation training and career research support to ensure you have the skills and confidence needed for an Apprenticeship or other job.
• Functional English and Maths, as these are essential for most jobs and are skills that employers ask for.
• A top quality work placement to give you real, hands-on experience with a local business for six weeks, with the content tailored to your individual career aspirations.
• At the end of the work experience placement you’ll get a reference and an exit interview – or a job interview if a role becomes available.
We offer traineeships in Health and Social Care, IT, Business and Administration and Customer Care so you can kick-start your career in any of these areas now!
Traineeships are delivered over three months and will include some additional core skills that local employers have identified as desirable for young people to have, to be able to enter employment.
We’ll support you all the way, with a personal mentor who will give you one-to-one support as and when you need it, and help to answer any questions or concerns you have. This will ensure that you will get the most out of your Traineeship.
If you'd like more information about Traineeships please contact Leanna Turner at email@example.com.
Find your future
Richard Huish College has developed a flexible Traineeship to suit the individual and the employer.
Traineeships are aimed at 16 to 23-year-olds that meet the following requirements:
- Are not currently in a job and have little work experience but are focused upon work or the prospect that it offers,
- Have qualifications below Level 3,
- Have been resident in the EU for the past 3 years (and have proof of this),
- Are keen, enthusiastic, reliable, and ready and eager to start their career.
All learners looking to start a Traineeship will be subject to a selection interview to ensure you are ready for this fantastic opportunity.
When you have completed your three month Traineeship you should be ready to move onto a full time paid Apprenticeship! Richard Huish College offer apprenticeships in Business and Administration, IT, Accounting, Customer Service and Health and Social Care and your mentor will help find the right one for you.
We will work with you to search the National Apprenticeship database for suitable vacancies and support your applications. You will be able to use the work experience gained in your Traineeship to show employers you have the right skills for their industry and that you are ready for long-term employment.