UNDERSTANDING AUTISM CERTIFICATE
LEVEL 2: SHORT COURSE (DISTANCE LEARNING)
EXAMINING BODY: NCFE
Autism is a spectrum condition that affects how a person communicates with others and how they interpret the world around them. There are more than 700,000 people in the UK with autism – more than 1 in every 100. Having a clear understanding of the misconceptions, diagnoses and support surrounding autism are just some of the essential skills needed when working in mental health.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 Qualification
- Improve your understanding of theories relating to autism
- Further your personal and professional development
- Ensure that you understand what is meant by autism and how it is diagnosed
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend College
What you will learn
- Unit 1 – Introduction to Autism
- Unit 2 – Using a Person-Centred Approach to Support Individuals with Autism
- Unit 3 – Communication and Social Interaction in Individuals with Autism
- Unit 4 – Sensory Processing, perception and Cognition with Autism
- Unit 5 – Supporting Positive Behaviour in Individuals with Autism
- Unit 6 – Supporting Individuals with Autism to Live Healthy and Fulfilled Lives
For further information please contact our Apprenticeship team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be aged 19+.
You must have lived in the EU for 3 years.