UNDERSTANDING SAFEGUARDING AND PREVENT CERTIFICATE
LEVEL 2: SHORT COURSE (DISTANCE LEARNING)
EXAMINING BODY: NCFE
This certificate is designed to equip learners with an understanding of recognising the signs of abuse, how to reduce the risk of radicalisation and the potential consequences of illegal online activity.
This qualification covers the following topics:
- Understand the Prevent duty
- Understand the terms radicalisation, extremism and terrorism
- Understand how to reduce the risk of radicalisation
- Understand the national and local context of safeguarding and protection from abuse
- Know how to respond if abuse or harm is disclosed, suspected or alleged
- Understand the term safeguarding
- Know how to recognise signs of abuse or potential harm
- Understand the potential consequences inappropriate or illegal online activity
- Understand how to reduce the risks posed online
- Know about potential signs and behavioural changes that could cause concern
For further information please contact our Apprenticeship team at firstname.lastname@example.org.