UNDERSTANDING THE SAFE HANDLING OF MEDICATION IN HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE CERTIFICATE
LEVEL 2: Online Course
EXAMINING BODY: NCFE CACHE
This free online course will support anyone working in Health and Social Care to evidence to employers their competency in handling medication safely. Complete the online resources to achieve a nationally recognised qualification.
Modern medicines are powerful substances which have beneficial effects for millions of people worldwide. However, inappropriate use of handling of these substances can have severe consequence, including death.
Having good up-to-date knowledge of the safe handling of medicines is essential for the anyone working with medication.
This qualification will help you create better preventative care by identifying how to maintain stock and record, store and dispose of medication appropriately.
You will learn about the following topics:
- understanding medication and prescriptions
- supply, storage and disposal of medication
- understanding the requirements for safe administration of medication
- record-keeping and audit processes for medication.
How quickly you progress is up to you but typically learners take approximately 12-16 weeks to complete the qualification using the online resources.
Support is available throughout the course from your Assessor should you want advice and guidance.
The qualification will be fully funded (free to you) if you meet the following criteria:
- You must be aged 19 years or over at the beginning of the academic year
- You must permanently reside in the UK
- You must have lived in the EU for 3 years.