The course is aimed at those wanting to bring up their word processing skills to a competent office standard covering both the basics and more advanced elements of the Microsoft program.
You can learn online with support of an experienced tutor and will undergo an exam to earn a BCS accredited Level 2 certificate that will evidence your capabilities to employers.
You will learn how to produce leaflets and flyers, how to work with tables and how to send out mailshots using mail merge tools.
- Creating a range of documents
- Using ribbons and views to access key features
- Formatting text including applying styles
- Working with columns
- Working with templates
- Managing document layout including pagination and margins
- Producing balanced documents using paragraph and line spacing
- Adding and editing headers and footers including page numbers
- Creating, formatting and adjusting tables
- Inserting graphs and charts
- Inserting pictures and clipart
- Mail Merging letters and labels
Start date: You can start the course at any time of year.
Cost: The cost of the course is £149. The fee includes all registrations, courseware, a sample test (diagnostic test), the unit test and certification.
Timetable and Duration: Workshops are available with your tutor Monday, Tuesday and Friday, 1.30pm - 4.00pm and Saturdays, 9.30am-12.00pm. They will also be able to support you at home via email communication.
Attendance is flexible with a minimum of 4 hours’ study per week recommended at College, home or work.
If you attend one afternoon a week it will take around one 8 weeks to complete the certificate.
ECDL Extra: ECDL is a well-known and respected qualification amongst employers, which sets the benchmark for computer competence.
The word processing course is one unit of the ECDL Extra qualification and upon completion of the course you will be awarded a Level 2 certificate in word processing.
Units of the ECDL Extra qualification cost £149 when studied alone or the ECDL Extra qualification course fee is £300.