Our Commitment to You
The College’s very successful framework for supporting students is underpinned by the expectation that students will accept responsibility for their own learning and academic progress. This means that we try, wherever possible, to resolve problems or concerns with the student involved rather than with the parents/guardians in the first instance. Nevertheless, there is a continuing and important role for parents/guardians to play in supporting students and we will liaise with you accordingly.
- A personal link with the College via your daughter’s or son’s Personal Tutor and Curriculum Area Manager
- An opportunity to meet the Principal and Personal Tutors at the Information Evening for parents of new students early in the Autumn Term
- Consultation opportunities with both personal and subject tutors to discuss your daughter’s or son’s progress
- A prompt response to any query or concern
- Contact from the College should we become concerned about attendance or progress
- An appointment with the Personal Tutor or Curriculum Area Manager if either you or we need to discuss an aspect of your daughter’s or son’s progress
- Representation on the College’s Governing Body through the Parent Governors
- For your information, all information used, circulated and stored by the College will be compliant with Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation
An important development in the communication between the College and parents/guardians is the introduction of our Huish Parent/Carer Portal (please see link above). Parents, guardians and carers are able to log in via the Portal and view their son/daughter’s timetable, attendance, progress, examination dates and other important information.
You will receive an email from us to the contact email address(es) supplied on the application form and you have 28 days to activate your account. If you already have a student with us, new starter details will be linked into your existing account. For new students, parent portal accounts will be generated in late October. You will receive an email from us in late October and you do not need to do anything further.
Please note that the online shop is a separate system to the Parent Portal, so you can create an account and pay for trips etc. before your Parent Portal account is set up if you need to!
If you do not receive an activation email or did not activate your account within 28 days and would now like to arrange access, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org including your son/daughter’s name and date of birth in your communication. You will find a demonstration film of the parent portal at the bottom of this page.