Information for Parents
Our Commitment to You
The College’s very successful framework for supporting students is underpinned by the expectation that students will accept responsibility for their own learning and academic progress. This means that we try, wherever possible, to resolve problems or concerns with the student involved rather than with the parents/guardians in the first instance. Nevertheless, there is a continuing and important role for parents/guardians to play in supporting students and we will liaise with you accordingly.
You can expect the College to provide:
- A personal link with the College via your daughter’s or son’s Personal Tutor and Curriculum Area Manager
- An opportunity to meet the Principal and Personal Tutors at the Information Evening for parents of new students early in the Autumn Term
- Consultation opportunities with both personal and subject tutors to discuss your daughter’s or son’s progress
- A prompt response to any query or concern
- Contact from the College should we become concerned about attendance or progress
- An appointment with the Personal Tutor or Curriculum Area Manager if either you or we need to discuss an aspect of your daughter’s or son’s progress
- Representation on the College’s Governing Body through the Parent Governors
- For your information, all information used, circulated and stored by the College will be compliant with Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation.
I have received a lot of support and guidance from my Tutor during tutorials including my progression options, which I found helpful as I could ask about any queries that I had which gave me peace of mind when I was unsure about something.
Ana Teixeira, Huish student
The Parent Hub
Stay up to date with information about your son/daughter’s attendance and progress and all the latest College news. The Parent Hub provides parents, guardians and carers of our students access to information about their sons and daughters, including their timetable, attendance and progress information.
For new students, Parent Hub accounts will be generated in October. You will receive an email from us to the contact email address(es) supplied on the application form. If you do not receive an email or would now like to arrange access, please contact us at email@example.com including your son/daughter’s name and date of birth in your communication.