Information for Parents
Our Commitment to You
The College’s very successful framework for supporting students is underpinned by the expectation that students will accept responsibility for their own learning and academic progress. This means that we try, wherever possible, to resolve problems or concerns with the student involved rather than with the parents/guardians in the first instance. Nevertheless, there is a continuing and important role for parents/guardians to play in supporting students and we will liaise with you accordingly.
You can expect the College to provide:
- A personal link with the College via your child’s Personal Tutor and Curriculum Area Manager
- An opportunity to meet the Principal and Personal Tutors at the Information Evening for parents of new students early in the Autumn Term
- Consultation opportunities with both personal and subject tutors to discuss your child’s progress
- A prompt response to any query or concern
- Contact from the College should we become concerned about attendance or progress
- An appointment with the Personal Tutor or Curriculum Area Manager if either you or we need to discuss an aspect of your child’s progress
- Representation on the College’s Governing Body through the Parent Governors
- For your information, all information used, circulated and stored by the College will be compliant with Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation.
The Parent Hub
Stay up to date with information about your child’s attendance and progress and all the latest College news. The Parent Hub provides parents, guardians and carers of our students access to information about their children, including their timetable, attendance and progress information.
For new students, Parent Hub accounts will be generated in October. You will receive an email from us to the contact email address(es) supplied on the application form. If you do not receive an email or would now like to arrange access, please contact us at email@example.com including your child’s name and date of birth in your communication.