Information for Parents
Our Commitment to You
The College’s very successful framework for supporting students is underpinned by the expectation that students will accept responsibility for their own learning and academic progress. However we are aware that in order for students to be successful we need to work with parents/carers closely to ensure communication is strong and that everyone involved is kept fully up to date to ensure we can intervene early if any issues do occur.
You can expect the College to provide:
- A personal link with the College via your your student person’s Progress Tutor
- Full access to the Parent Hub where you can access information such as timetable, live attendance, punctuality and exam details
- Consultation opportunities with Subject Tutors to discuss your young person’s progress
- Regular college updates/bulletins from Senior Staff at Huish
- A prompt response to any query or concern
- Contact from the College should we have ongoing concerns about attendance or progress
- An appointment with the Progress Tutor or Senior Pastoral Team, if either you or we need to discuss an aspect of your young person’s progress
- Representation on the College Governing Body through the Parent Governors.
All information used, circulated and stored by the College will be compliant with Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation.
The Parent Hub
Stay up to date with information about your young person’s attendance and progress. The Parent Hub provides you access to information about your young person, including their timetable, attendance and progress information.
For new students, Parent Hub accounts will be available in October and you will be invited to register for an account. You will receive an email from us to the contact email address(es) supplied on the application form. You can then register as a new user on the Huish ParentHub.
Further instructions can be found in the Parent Hub Handbook.
- Safeguarding and Prevent
- Term & Holiday Dates
- Bursaries and Finance
- College Shop
- Exam Information
- Huish Careers and Progression (padlet.com) – We recognise that parents and carers play a vital role in supporting students with their career and progression plans. To support you further with this process, we have provided lots of useful information and resources via our Careers and Progression online noticeboard.