Welcome to Huish Headstart!
Starting College is an exciting time however we know it may feel daunting. Huish Headstart aims to help new students to get to know us and prepare practically for their transition to Huish. Follow the steps below to get off to a great start at Huish!
If you have additional accessibility requirements for any documents please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply to Huish and attend your online or face to face initial Advice and Guidance meeting
- Study hard at school
- Keep extending your learning and developing yourself as a person (join clubs, explore your interests, maintain your wellbeing)
- Complete our Optional Huish Headstart Project
- Attend one of our two day Welcome to Huish events
- Submit your optional Huish Headstart Project to your Enrolment Advisor
- Complete the Subject Headstart booklet work for each of your chosen subjects
- Attend your post-results Advice and Guidance meeting and enrol at Huish
- Bring your completed Subject Booklets to your meeting to show your Enrolment Advisor.
- Complete your online tutorial questionnaire and careers questionnaire
- Check your timetable and attend all sessions on it (we will be here to help you find your way on your first day when you arrive at College)
- Bring your Subject Booklet work to your first lesson in that subject
- Make sure you have completed your tutorial questionnaire and careers questionnaire online
- Attend your tutorial sessions to find out how to become an effective and happy Huish student
- Talk to your Progress Tutor or teachers if you have any questions.