Huish Student Briefing – 1st January 2021
Week Beginning 4th January (WEEK B)
- ALL lessons and tutorials for all year groups will be remote and delivered according to your normal timetable. Please ensure you remote in and follow the normal reporting system if you are unwell and unable to attend your online session.
- Students without online access / facilities
Hopefully you are all now well-rehearsed in online learning, following our trials last term. If you are, however, unable to access online learning from home as a result of IT or connectivity difficulties you will need to email Becky Flower email@example.com so that we can book you into a study space for your lessons. Alternatively, you can call Reception from 8.30am on Monday 4th January.
Week Beginning 11th January (WEEK A)
- Year 2 Students – the current plan is for you to return to campus for face-to-face teaching and tutorials as per your normal timetable. Your Formal Assessments will now be postponed until the week of the 18th January and we will let you know more details in the coming week.
- Level 2 Students – face to face teaching and tutorials as per your normal timetable.
- Year 1 Students – remote teaching as per your normal timetable.
Week Beginning 18th January (WEEK B)
We hope to welcome all students on to campus for subject teaching and tutorials as per the usual timetable. If there are any changes made by the Government to this arrangement, we will of course let you know.
Students with External Exams in January
- If you have an external exam between 6th and 20th January you will need to come into college at the time of your exams, as these will go ahead as planned.
- You will already have received information about your exam, what you will need to bring with you, where you will need to come and at what time. We had already planned, before the Christmas break, to set out exams in order to minimise close proximity to students outside of class groups and will continue to follow Government guidelines on this. If in the coming days we need to make any changes to rooms, you will be notified by the Exams Office well in advance, so please keep an eye on your emails and let us know if you need any help.
- Your teachers will run scheduled lessons online in the week of 4th January and either online or in class in the week of the 11th (depending on your year group, subject and date of exam), staff will let you have further information about this as soon as they can. Please remember we will be here to support you with any questions or concerns in the run up to exams and do everything we can to help you revise and prepare.
COVID 19 Screening Tests
- As you will be aware from the national news, secondary schools and colleges are being asked to set up testing facilities on their sites to enable them to identify as early as possible any post-Christmas Covid infections and particularly those who are asymptomatic.
- We are due to receive deliveries of testing equipment from Monday 4th January and will be working hard next week to set up testing facilities and schedules for the post-Christmas ‘screening’ programme.
- We will let you have further information about how this will work as soon as we can.
- If you have any specific support needs (e.g. are in care or have an EHCP) then a member of the Student Support Team will ring you on Monday 4th January to ensure you have everything you need and to determine whether it would be helpful for you to come into college at all next week.
- If you are worried about your own wellbeing or that of another student, there are a range of services available all year round – further details at the end of this email.
- From Monday 4th January staff will be on hand in Student Services and can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org