Careers & Progression
Students at Huish benefit from expert Careers Guidance from a Level 7 Careers Officer and a Student Liaison Officer.
- Richard Jones, Progression and Learning Centre Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donna Pester, Progression and Learning Centre Advisor – email@example.com
- Tarsha Coleman, Student Liaison Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are planning your application to Huish and need some help choosing an Apprenticeship or your Study Programme subject(s) you can contact Richard Jones, Careers Officer direct – email@example.com.
Careers and Progression Services at Huish
The Careers & Progression Team are available to all students throughout the year and deliver the following services:
- Expert advice and guidance with applying to UK and international Universities
- Individual career planning
- Apprenticeship advice – Degree, Higher, Intermediate
- Assistance with CVs, cover letters and applications
- UCAS advice
- Student finance
- Gap year advice
- Subject choice advice, A Level and Vocational
- Work Experience Placements
- University visits and associated conferences
- Annual Next Step Careers Fair
- Compulsory Progression Sessions for Lower 6th Form students
- Daily lunchtime workshops for drop in advice covering both UCAS and work-based opportunities
- Psychometric Testing
- Contact with local and national employers
- Subject specific careers events
- Access to careers related software including Unifrog and EClips
Our Academic Enrichment programme assists students wishing to apply to leading universities such as Oxford and Cambridge, or aspiring to careers in Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science.
Progression of Huish Students
Students are supported with the full range of progression options which can be explored further by viewing our Progression and Destination Report.
The SFCA HESA report details the degree levels achieved by former Huish students (2019-2020).
Pathways Career Tool
Discover more about jobs in your sector of interest using our Pathways tool below.