Careers & Progression
- Richard Jones, Progression and Learning Centre Manager – email@example.com
- Emily Wishart, Progression and Learning Centre Advisor – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tarsha Coleman, Student Liaison Officer – email@example.com
If you are planning your application to Huish and need some help choosing an apprenticeship or your Study Programme subject(s) you can contact Richard Jones, Careers Officer direct – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Careers and Progression Services at Huish
Students are supported with the full range of progression options which can be explored further by viewing our most recent destination report.
Progression and Destination Report for 2020
The Careers & Progression Team are available to all students throughout the year and deliver the following services:
- Expert advice and guidance with applying to UK and international Universities
- Individual career planning
- Apprenticeship advice – Degree, Higher, Intermediate
- Assistance with CVs, cover letters and applications
- UCAS advice
- Student finance
- Gap year advice
- Subject choice advice, A Level and Vocational
- Work Experience Placements
- University visits and associated conferences
- Annual Next Step Careers Fair
- Compulsory Progression Sessions for Lower 6th Form students
- Daily lunchtime workshops for drop in advice covering both UCAS and work-based opportunities
- Psychometric Testing
- Contact with local and national employers
- Subject specific careers events
- Access to careers related software including Unifrog and EClips
Please view our Careers Programme for a more in-depth view of our Careers provision.
Before I joined, I was unaware of how many supporting services the College offers. We have regular talks/presentations on preparing for life after college, the College helps you set up your UCAS, and arranges trips to visit universities and university fairs. I also find the Tutorial sessions useful to get focused work done.
Our Academic Enrichment programme assists students in the Sixth Form wishing to apply to leading universities such as Oxford and Cambridge, or aspiring to careers in Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science.