The Academic Enrichment Programme is designed to support high achieving students to broaden their studies, develop higher order thinking skills and put themselves in a position to apply for competitive universities courses.
If you are wishing to apply to leading universities such as Oxford and Cambridge, or aspiring to a career in Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science, then the programme can really help you.
The six key elements of the programme:
- Academic Skills Development Sessions to help you enhance your critical thinking, refine your presentation skills and develop your ability to make synoptic links.
- University Guidance – support including mock interviews (where appropriate), specialist sessions on UCAS and applying for competitive university courses.
- Early entry to EPQ (Extended Project Qualification) – a secured place in the early EPQ cohort, aimed at developing your research and academic referencing skills as well as boosting your profile for university applications.
- Speaker Programme – a diverse range of talks designed to make you think, broaden your ideas and enrich your academic studies.
- MOOCs – the opportunity to engage with online courses to supplement your academic studies, deepen your understanding and impress universities.
- Trips and conference opportunities including university tours, Oxbridge visits and support with summer schools and internship applications.
The programme starts in November and runs through to December.
November – December – Academic Skills Development Sessions
January – February – University Information Sessions
March – April – Academic Skills Development Sessions and MOOCs
May – July – Early EPQ Cohort Sessions and University Visits and Conferences
September – December – University Support, including early entry applications for Oxbridge.