The Academic Enrichment Programme is designed to support high achieving students to broaden their studies, develop higher order thinking skills and put themselves in a position to apply for competitive universities courses.
If you are wishing to apply to leading universities such as Oxford and Cambridge, or aspiring to a career in Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science, then the programme can really help you.
The six key elements of the programme:
1) Academic Skills Development Sessions to help you enhance your critical thinking, refine your presentation skills and develop your ability to make synoptic links.
2) University Guidance – support including mock interviews (where appropriate), specialist sessions on UCAS and applying for competitive university courses.
3) Early entry to EPQ (Extended Project Qualification) – a secured place in the early EPQ cohort, aimed at developing your research and academic referencing skills as well as boosting your profile for university applications.
4) Speaker Programme – a diverse range of talks designed to make you think, broaden your ideas and enrich your academic studies.
5) MOOCs – the opportunity to engage with online courses to supplement your academic studies, deepen your understanding and impress universities.
6) Trips and conference opportunities including university tours, Oxbridge visits and support with summer schools and internship applications.
The programme starts in November and runs through to December.
November – December – Academic Skills Development Sessions
January – February – University Information Sessions
March – April – Academic Skills Development Sessions and MOOCs
May – July – Early EPQ Cohort Sessions and University Visits and Conferences
September – December – University Support, including early entry applications for Oxbridge.