Are you ready for a challenge? Explore the great outdoors and build up practical, personal and leadership skills with this nationally recognised qualification.
Few things tell more about your strength of character than the achievement of The Duke of Edinburgh’s gold award. The scheme is demanding but you will be able to do it. For a gold award you must satisfy the requirements of the following five sections:
- Service – anything from conservation projects to life saving
- Skills – from fishing to singing
- Physical Recreation – from Aikido to skiiling
- Residential – from Outward Bound to voluntary help with the elderly
- Expeditions – Dartmoor to the Andes
Each year approximately 40 students participate in the award scheme. You will meet once a week and take part in a minimum of three training ventures for the expedition. The numbers we can accommodate on expeditions are limited so places are allocated on a first come first serve basis.
You must be prepared to commit four weekends and to pay towards the cost of the expeditions for your Duke of Edinburgh Award. In return, participation generates self-confidence, genuine achievement and an award that is internationally recognised by universities and employers.