Our Medical EnRICH programme aims to provide super-curricular opportunities for students making applications to competitive vocational degree programmes of Medicine, Dentistry or Veterinary Science. Medical EnRICH is a specialist branch of the Academic EnRICH provision.
The programme is composed of two parts:
- Core elements – these will be included in your timetable
- Additional elements – you can sign up for these on an ‘as needs’ basis.
This programme includes:
- Support in selecting an appropriate programme of study
- Guidance around admissions tests for Medicine and Dentistry (UCAT and BMAT)
- Admissions advice from regional medical schools
- Debate of Medical Ethics and relevant scenarios
- Seminars on past and current events including internal and external speakers
- Recommendations for wider reading
- Building your confidence in use of medical terminology
- Building skills for university application and beyond – communication, teamwork, problem solving, practical skills and more
- Interview preparation – traditional and Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI)
- Information around university widening participation opportunities such as e-mentoring, alternative progression routes and Sutton Trust Summer Schools
- Advice on work experience schemes
- Focused support for disadvantaged students to ensure inclusivity
- Huish Alumni – advice and support
- Microsoft Teams group for wider sharing of advice, information and resources.