Huish has a whole range of societies that can be taken up just for fun or to help enhance your studies. At the start of the year you will be introduced to everything on offer through your tutorials and at our enrichment fair.
Below are just some examples of existing groups to give you an idea of the type of activities on offer:
- Politics and Debating society: Join the Politics and Debating Society and take part in some formal British Parliamentary style debates. Each debate motion will have 2 speakers for the proposition and 2 for the opposition, but you can always just come along and be part of the audience! You don’t need to have had any previous experience.
- Student Newsletter Group: Our vibrant Student Newsletter is a student lead Enrichment where students write articles, do interviews and format a newsletter themselves. The newsletter is designed to give a voice to students during their time at Huish as well as being a creative outlet.
- Eco Action Group: Calling all environmentalists, climate strikers and eco-activists! We want you to make a difference and help improve the environmental impact of Huish. Whether you want to help raise awareness, increase biodiversity around the campus, help reduce our carbon footprint or have some other brilliant ideas – everyone is welcome. We hope to gather a group of like-minded individuals to share ideas and enthusiasm to make Huish a greener and more sustainable college.
- Lab Rats: Lab Rats provides an opportunity to carry out additional practical work that goes beyond that of the Biology A Level specification. You will learn useful practical skills in microbiology, aseptic technique and dissection.
- Rainbow Alliance: This is a group for students who identify as LGBTQ+ and their friends to meet new people and chat.
- Blender 3D Animation: Introduction to the Blender software, creating and using meshes and then using animation techniques to make a 3D animation.