We are so looking forward to welcoming students back on to campus soon. Below is an initial update about how we are preparing to start face-to-face classes. We will send out further details about returning to College by email to students at the beginning of next week.
Return to Onsite Teaching
We are planning to switch to a full face-to-face timetable from Monday 8th March.
- Buses will be operating their normal service from this date
- Lesson times and length will remain unchanged for the remainder of this term and we will provide you with a further update about site conduct (e.g. face coverings) next week.
We have been asked by the Government to put a number of extra measures in place to help keep us all safe this half term:
- Testing students once before they return to their classes
- Testing students two more times, with 3-5 day gap between tests
- Provide students with home-testing kits once they have had 3 on-site tests
Booking your Test
We would like all students to have their 1st test before they return to lessons and therefore, we plan to start testing next week on Thursday 4th, Friday 5th and Saturday 6th March.
You MUST NOT come onsite if you or anyone you live with are showing symptoms of Coronavirus.
- Testing timeslots are now available to book via the online shop (links below)
- Tests will take place in the Sports Hall.
When coming on site for a test you must abide by the following guidance:
- Wear a mask at all times
- Hand sanitise regularly
- Socially distance at all times
- Ensure you leave the site as soon as your test is complete (1st test only)
- Follow the College one-way system
- Bring your Student ID card
Important Note – you should only travel to College to receive a test before the 8th March if you can get to the site by walking, cycling, driving or getting a lift with a member of your household. We do not advise students to use public transport before the 8th of March and will make additional testing available before attending lessons, for those genuinely unable to get to Huish safely next week. To support as many students as possible to get tested before 8th March, we are running testing on Saturday 6th March, to support students who live a distance from Taunton to arrange family transport where available.
Bookings are now open on the following days:
If you have any concerns about the testing please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to support you.
The Privacy Notice (GDPR) details how your data is held.