- Single or twin bedrooms with en-suite. This means you have your own bathroom (toilet, sink and shower) within each bedroom. Each room also has a single duvet, pillow, mattress protector, fitted sheet, desk and chair, bookcase, notice board and door hooks for coats. Please bring with you a duvet cover and pillow case and your own towels.
- High quality communal areas
- Meals included on a half board basis – breakfast and evening meal
- Free access to a laundry room with washing machines and tumble dryers
- A housekeeper who will clean your bedroom and bathroom on a weekly basis
If you require accommodation for just a few nights a week, our flexi-boarding option may suit you. Fees include bedroom with en-suite facilities, dinner and breakfast.
Your pastoral care is very important to us and Oak House has two live-in House Parents who will help you settle into life in Taunton and with your studies at Huish. Throughout the week and on a weekend there is a planned programme of Enrichments for you to take part in. This includes use of the sports hall, cooking, film nights, fashion and beauty and Challenge the Houseparent competitions. Trips are also organised to celebrate special times such as Chinese New Year and Christmas or to just have some fun!
Please read our Statement of Boarding Aims and Values document.
For more information about fees, availability or to arrange a tour of our boarding facilities, please contact Maria Smith, Accommodation Co-ordinator, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
First time for my son living away from home, the house parents helped make that transition as gentle as possible for both my son and myself. If it weren’t for the boarding facilities my son would not have been able to attend the College and benefit hugely from the Cricket programme which has helped him move forward with the County team. Kerry and Sue are always contactable and supportive, I can’t fault the communication between Oak house and myself.
My son has raved about Oak House and is very happy. It was definitely the right move. I’m so grateful for your help with his swift move and your continued support. It’s lovely to hear how happy and settled he is.